Sunday, April 27, 2008

Memories of Ignorant Youth, Part II


In high school, a couple of friends and I went out on weekends. Some of the things we did were extraordinarily stupid, and I dread the day my kids start doing them, as I know they will. Mostly we only endangered ourselves, and I am happy today that nobody ever got hurt.

One thing we did, though, four times (I remember, because I still beat myself up about it today), was to eat at restaurants and sneak out without paying. We did this twice at Denny's and twice at some other 24 hour restaurant that is no longer extant - maybe Girlie's Pancake House, but I'm not sure.

This crime is the worst I have ever committed and I regret it to this day. I'm sure the skinny and cancerous beehived waitresses at each of these restaurants have died by now, but I wish I could go back in time and do right by them, as I'm sure they had to pay for our stupid childish antics.

No comments: